Monday, January 12, 2015

P52 - Week 1 - Cartoon

For a while, I'd been looking for something to add to #ASharpPhoto 's repertoire to make it even more unique.  I had started working with #cosplayers towards the end of last year and I thought it would be a great idea to turn some of those images into something that looked animated.  I tried fooling with filters in #Photoshop but it wasn't really getting me what I want.  I looked and didn't find anything.  One of my sisters was in town in December and I mentioned it to her.  Being the internet guru that she is, she found a solution for me within 5 minutes.


Initialy, I applied the process the way I initially imagined it, to a #cosplay image.  I still had some growing to do but it was a good start.



I knew that I was going to apply this look to cosplay shoots where it fit and I really didn't think more about it.  Well, my wife's cousin posted a selfie and my wife said she looked like "Chocolate Sunshine" and that triggered something in my head and I came up with this:







That was so much fun that I thought I should explore it more.  Also, working on this made me realize that I needed to think of the actual painting/drawing aspect a lot more than I had.  Uh ... I don't paint or draw but who says I can't try.  The last image that I worked was one of my favorites.  It actually a panoramic stitch of a few images.  The purpose of that is to photograph something that may normally be too large for your lens in bite sized chunks and then put it together as one large image.  This is what I produced:



Lastly, I wanted to create something that was closer to 'real'.  More thought went into shading and blending skin tones to make this look natural.  Of course this works best if its #ASharpPhoto in the first place (you see what I did there?...)



I'm done with this week but I am definitely not finished with this process.  I am actually considering looking deeper into actual drawing and shading so that I can really bring this to life.  And that is the end of my first week's journey this year in my quest to be #asharpshooter.
framed prints for sale

No comments:

Post a Comment