Monday, June 17, 2013

My session with the Millers

So this session was different than other work I have done.  As the Millers are pastors, my focus had less to do with attractiveness and more to do with presenting an air of authority and dignity.  I tried to accomplish this by shooting up at Mr. Miller and using slightly dramatic lighting.  I was also conservative in my post processing of both Mr and Mrs Miller but more so with Mr. Miller.  Unless the client wants it, you don't make a man over 50 look like he's in a boy band with super silky smooth skin.

I am still working on paying more attention to people when I photograph them.  It would seem like common sense but I pay more attention to the technicals instead of making sure that both eyes are open or identifying a person's best side, etc.

Oh, and the day before the session, my wireless transmitters stopped working so I was limited in terms of placement of my light.  While it was a frustrating situation, it was less so because I had found that out the night before.  Always do a run through of your equipment before you go to work.  I would have been so thrown off had I arrived at the shoot and found things not working.



Click here to see the rest of the photos


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment