Monday, September 23, 2013

Super Moon

I love this photo!  I used an application called, The Photographer's Ephemeris to get it.  As a computer application it is free but there is a charge to use this program on an android device or an iPhone.  Anyone can find out what time the sun or moon rises or sets by going to weather websites.  What is different about this program is it uses google maps so that you can pinpoint a location and it will tell you exactly where the sun/moon rises/sets in relation to your location.  This helps you plan shots based around using the sun or moon.

Since I knew what time the moon was going to rise and where it would be, I was able to get to my location prior to the moonrise and plan my shot as I waited for it to come up.  I took a few different shots that I wasn't particularly enthused about and then I started rotating around my location until i saw the moon through some trees and moss.  I knew that it was a great shot!  But, I always take 2 or 3 more just to make sure I got it.  Sometimes you may be unsteady or your focus may be off so always take multiple shots.

To see more, go to www.asharpphoto.biz




No comments:

Post a Comment