Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Broken yet Beautiful

This is one of my earlier photos.  I would be lying if I said I really knew what I was doing when I took this photo.  My wife sent me out to get some Chinese food and they had a broken window.  I asked if they had a problem with me photographing it, they didn't so I took a few shots and Voila!!  I didn't do anything with the photo for a while because it was just a part of my daily photo project.  Months later when I had a better understanding of photography, I looked back and realized that this was one of my accidentally great photos.

When I decided to put this in my art gallery, I had to name it.  Being the philosophical dude that I am, this photo made me think about people and things that we encounter that are damaged in some way.  We normally equate brokenness with ugliness but sometimes, when things are broken the right way something beautiful can be born out of catastrophe.  If you feel like the very foundation of your life is crumbling, don't worry; that's just God making you into something beautiful to put on display.


Go to www.asharpphoto.biz to see more art.

No comments:

Post a Comment