Friday, July 26, 2013

Attention to detail

So I did a session with the beautiful Devra the other day.  I took loads of great photos and couldn't use most of them.  UGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!  In one of the settings, I had her standing against a wall, she ended up getting dust all over her arm but; looking through my viewfinder, being far away and bright sunlight helped me miss the dust. The idea was great, the model delivered but that minor detail ruined the photos.

Also, as a photographer, it is my job to make sure people look their best.  There are many photographers out there that just show up with their camera, take pictures and go home.  If a photographer has a concept, they may make recommendations about what to where but they should definitely tell the client what not to wear.  Woven patterns aren't good for photos because with the right light, you can see right through them.  Taking photos is not as easy as it looks on either side of the camera.


Click here to see the rest of Devra's photos.


2 comments:

  1. I totally agree. She's beautiful and each session we do as photographers offers us another opportunity to learn and grow in our craft.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NaNette,

      Thank you for taking the time to read my blog :). I am a curious person and I always ask why. I figured this blog may be a way to answer that question for some of my photos.

      Michae

      Delete